Continuity Interruptions, Emergencies, or Disasters?
Many organizations have Disaster Recovery Plans. We prefer the term Business
Continuity Plan because it prepares the organization to work through a crisis situation and deal with any disaster before and as it occurs, as opposed to just afterwards.
The objectives of our plan are:
1. To ensure that maximum possible service levels are maintained
2. To ensure that we recover from interruptions as quickly as possible
3. To minimize the likelihood and impact (risk) of interruptions
The principles behind our plan are:
1. Disaster Recovery is just part of Business Continuity
2. Risks are assessed for both probability and business impact
3. Business continuity plans must be reasonable, practical and achievable