Last Updated: March 2, 2023
“Business Contact Information” means information that is used to communicate with an individual in relation to their employment, business or profession, and includes the individuals’ name, position name or title, business address, business telephone number, business email address and business fax number.
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual, including information that may be reasonably linked to an individual, but does not include Business Contact Information. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, a name, home address, personal telephone number and personal email address.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information directly from you when you visit our Website, use our Services, otherwise interact or communicate with us, and/or apply for a job with us. In some instances, our third party service providers may collect your Personal Information on our behalf.
The Personal Information we collect depends on how you interact with us. It may include information such as:
- Contact information, including your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- Information that you provide about yourself when completing forms on our Website;
- Account registration information and credentials such as usernames, passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication;
- Information that we generate about you, such as a unique customer or account identification number and information about your transactions with us;
- Information provided as part of a job application, including employment and education history, and information available from your publicly available online profiles if you provide a link to your LinkedIn page or personal website;
- Cookie and tracking information, such as an Internet Protocol (IP) address, device identifier, location data, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL), other unique identifiers, and other technical data that may uniquely identify your device, system or browser;
- Financial information, such as credit card information and other information required to provide our Services; and
- Other Personal Information as may be required from time to time, with your consent.
We limit the Personal Information we collect to that which is required to achieve the Purposes described below. In order to provide a consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us, Personal Information collected through one source may be combined with information that we collect through other sources.
We will obtain your consent before collecting Personal Information from third parties, such as credit bureaus.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information for the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- Providing our Services, including facilitating deliveries; enforcing our conditions of sale, Website terms and other agreements (if applicable); remote management and training; licencing and operation of our software; system monitoring; and improving Website and data security.
- Fulfilling our business purposes, including operating our Website; developing and maintaining business relationships; responding to inquiries and complaints; following-up after customer service and sales interactions; collecting opinions and comments; generating business insights; processing sales leads, invoices and payments; providing Service trials, consultations, and demonstrations; security monitoring; and general business operations and administration, including evaluating the suitability of job applicants.
- Marketing and advertising purposes, including communicating with customers about new Services or promotions and identifying patterns of behaviour to offer suggestions and provide a personalized online experience.
- Exercising our legal rights and complying with applicable laws and regulatory requirements;
- As otherwise described at the time of collection; and
- For other purposes, for which we will obtain consent from time to time.
TRANSFER OR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or trade Personal Information.
We may transfer your Personal Information to our third party service providers, who provide services on our behalf. Specifically, we may engage third party service providers to provide the following services on our behalf:
- transportation and shipping,
- marketing, including email communications, and
- cloud storage.
In sharing Personal Information with our third party service providers, we take reasonable contractual and other measures to protect the Personal Information. These third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information for their own purposes.
Some of our third party service providers may be located in jurisdictions outside of Canada, such as in the EU, UK, and/or US. When your Personal Information is collected or used in another country, it is subject to the laws of that country and may be accessible to the governments, national security, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that jurisdiction.
We and our third party service providers may disclose your Personal Information as permitted or required by law. For example, we and our third party service providers may disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement, government bodies or other organizations in response to a warrant, subpoena, or other court order. Such disclosures may also be made for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, for detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable law.
We may also disclose Personal Information to another organization in the event:
(a) we buy, sell, or otherwise acquire or dispose of our organization or a part of our organization, or any of its assets;
(b) we merge or amalgamate our organization with another;
(c) we make or receive a loan or other financing;
(d) an organization creates a charge on, or the take of a security interest in or a security on, any assets or securities of our organization; or
(e) we lease or licensing of any of an organization’s assets.
Any such disclosures will be conducted in accordance with applicable law.
We may also disclose your Personal Information for other purposes, with your consent.
RETENTION AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain Personal Information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the Purposes for which the information was collected, or as may be permitted or required by law. After that time, the Personal Information will be destroyed in accordance with our retention policies.
We are committed to safeguarding your Personal Information against loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We protect Personal Information with appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures. Only employees and third party service providers with a need to know Personal Information will have access to this data. All such employees and third party service providers have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website and Services are not designed for or directed at children and we do not knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 14. If you believe we have collected information from your child in error or have questions or concerns about our practices relating to children, please notify us and we will promptly respond.
Where granted by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to, and a copy of, the Personal Information that we have collected about you. You may also have the right to request that any inaccuracies in that information be corrected, or that the personal information we have about you be deleted.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information at any time, subject to legal and contractual obligations and reasonable notice. If you request to “opt-out” or withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Information, we may inform you of the consequences of doing so before processing your request.
To exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information provided below.
In addition, you can opt-out of our marketing communications at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer or using the “unsubscribe” mechanism included in the communication; however, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us, as may be relevant, and correspondence relating inquiries, comments, or complaints.
You may address your questions, concerns, requests, and complaints to our Privacy Officer:
ATTN: Privacy Officer
16637 Hymus Boulevard
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY